WHAT IS ROBOTIC SURGERY?
Robotic or Robot-assisted surgical procedure integrates superior computer science with the experience of the skilled surgeons. This science presents the surgeon with a 10x magnified, high-definition, 3D-image of the body’s intricate anatomy.
The surgeon makes use of controls in the console to manipulate special surgical instruments that are smaller, as well as more flexible and maneuverable than the human hand. The robot replicates the surgeon’s hand movements, whilst minimizing hand tremors.
The health care professional thus can function with greater precision, dexterity and manipulate even during the most complicated procedures.
Robot-assisted surgical treatment is an revolutionary and breakthrough surgical approach being more and more used in leading hospitals throughout the world due to its effectiveness, minimally invasive approach, and quite a few different advantages over standard laparoscopic and open surgeries.
In laparoscopic surgeries, quite a few incisions are made and small digicam and other instruments are inserted thru them. This camera is linked with the visible output unit where robotic surgeons can see inner view of the patients’ body.
In robotic surgery, the surgical instruments are hooked up to the machine, and robotic doctor sits at one console to operate them. Here high definition 3-d camera is inserted in patient’s body and the 3D display is shown on the screen. We name this complete setup as Robot. Here true surgical procedure is carried out with the aid of doctors, however thru mechanical arms. In the above image, you can see
- Surgeon’s Console – Surgeon sits right here and operates robots. This console additionally has the video output from the place robotic surgeon can view the internal part of patient’s body.
- Image Processing Equipment – It’s a video output to see the ongoing surgical procedure to anesthesiologist, different doctors and nurse.
- Endowrist Instruments – They are the human wrist like instruments to provide most useful action control, precision and fluid ambidexterity.
- Surgical Arm Cart – They are robotic arms acts like human arms
- Hi-Resolution three-D Endoscope – It has high definition 3D camera at its end which is inserted in to patient’s body via separate incision.
Now it’s an apparent question that what are the benefits of doing so?
Benefits of Robotic Surgery
Advantages of robotic surgical procedures are:
- High Definition 3D Vision: You are in a position to see target organ with much more clarity. The Zoom option indicates the picture larger and 3D vision shows the depth.
- Greater Precision: In laparoscopy, after long time the robotic surgeon typically gets tired. This effect in tremors in his / her hands. Robotic arms solve this issue. It allows 360 degree moment which is not possible via human hand.
- Quick Recovery: It requires very small incisions to operate via robots. Which is no longer the case with open surgery? This helps in fewer traumas, less pain and much less loss of blood. Ultimately it results in to quicker recovery.